Jimungo is now NZ Herald Virtual & Fantasy Sport

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Points 99,945
Jim Posted: Wed, Jan 16 2013 4:32 p.m.

Jimungo has today merged with NZ Herald meaning you can play your favourite sports games with easy access to team standings, relevant updates, reviews and news.

What's more, as well as virtual Super Rugby, Basketball and English Premier League Football games, you can now play the new NZ Herald Fantasy Super Rugby, which allows you to pick your dream team and earn points based on the real-life performances of the players.

You'll notice too, that the latest team standings now appear within all of the virtual games, so you can see at a glance where teams are currently ranked.

What does this mean? What about my points, player name and mates?
Jimungo.com doesn't exist anymore. If you go to that URL you'll be directed to this shiny new site.

Don't worry though, the Jimungo player name and password you've always used, is staying the same. All you need to do is log in as usual. Your mates, points and groups are still all there too.

What's this about virtual games and fantasy games?
Virtual games are what we've always had on Jimungo - those where you simply pick which team is going to win and by what margin.

Fantasy games are where you can really put your knowledge to the test. You can find more information about our virtual and fantasy games here.

What are your thoughts?
We'd love to know what you think of the changes. Please drop us a note here, email us or post your thoughts below.

Need Help? Send me a message or email me at sportgames@nzherald.co.nz

• | Post Points: 121
Not Ranked
Male
Points 130
Nickpow replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 12:52 p.m.

Auckland Blues supporters group

Group name :Blues champions 2013 password akl

Password: akl

• | Post Points: 55
Top 10 Contributor
Points 99,945
Jim replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 5:37 p.m.

For those of you who aren't sure what Nickpow's post above refers to, it looks like he has set up a Fantasy Super Rugby group for Blues supporters and you will need the Group name and password above to join.

Nice one Nickpow.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Points 99,945
Jim replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 6:53 a.m.

Hi 

Please note, we are having some issues with Internet Explorer 10.

if you are using IE10, please try downloading an alternative browser such as Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/ and using that instead.

We hope to have this resolved by 23 January.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Jim

Top 10 Contributor
Points 99,945
Jim replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 3:55 p.m.

Hi all

Alas, the fix for the issue with IE10 hasn't worked.

If you are using Internet Explorer 10, here are a couple of ways you can still make your picks etc, whilst we find a solution:

1. If you have the permissions, download Firefox for free and use that as your Internet Browser.

2. If you don't have permission to download an alternative browser, or don't want to:

A. Open Internet Explorer and hit F12.

B. Under Browser Mode, select IE9.

C. The site should then work, but you will need to do this each time you use the site.

If you're struggling to get your picks in, just email us with your picks and player name and we will enter them for you.

Again, we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

Jim

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS